In order to avoid some of the problems associated with landfills, there are some things that you can do at work to help reduce the amount of trash you are sending to the landfill.
1) Reduce the use of office paper. Printing on both sides means that you need less paper.
2) Sending email ideas to your co-workers rather than printing everything out can also save on paper.
3) Use post-consumer content paper.
4) If you have to throw away paper, make sure to recycle it rather than just putting it in the garbage.
5) Take a reusable mug to work rather than using cups that have to be discarded after each use.