Reduce your Landfill Impact
In order to avoid some of the problems associated with landfills, there are things that you can do at home to help reduce the amount of trash you are sending to the landfill.
1) Reduce packaging waste. When you are shopping, buy things in bulk or large quantities rather than single serving saves on the amount of packaging and saves you money.
2) Buy products made from recycled materials.
3) Prevent food waste and compost your organics. By planning meals and shopping trips you can reduce the amount of food that is wasted.
4) Take old clothes, furniture and appliances to second-hand stores or hold a garage sale. Also, consider buying second hand products. It will reduce the amount of waste that reaches the landfill and second hand products are usually cheaper.
5) Buy well made products that will last you for a long time.
6) Get in the habit of buying reusable products rather than disposable products. For example, reusable lunch containers can significantly reduce the waste and not buying single serving portions will save you money.